1. Goals help you be who you want to be. You can have all the dreams in the world, but if never take the first step you will never start your journey!
2. Goals stretch your comfort zone. Goals involve risks. Getting outside of your comfort zone and pushing the limits is how we grow.
3. Goals boost your confidence. When you set a goal and reach it, you prove to yourself and others that you CAN do it.
4. Goals give your life purpose. Goals show you—and the world—what you value. They also give you a sense of direction.
5. Goals make you more self-reliant. You don’t have to let other people decide your life for you. The goals you set and plan and achieve are wholly your own.
6. Goals encourage you to trust your decisions. It’s easy to go along with the crowd and to be swayed by other people. But when you keep your goals in mind, your choices become clear and you’ll learn to trust your decisions because they’re right for you.
7. Goals help you turn the impossible into the possible. Goal setting breaks down dreams into manageable and practical steps. You can turn your “someday”dreams into real-life accomplishments.
8. Goals prove that you can make a difference. Whether it is your own world or somebody else’s. Setting goals and achieving them will change the world around you.
9. Goals improve your outlook on life. Choose a positive direction to go and move forward confidently. This momentum is a real energizer, and a positive outlook on life is inevitable.
10. Goals lead to feelings of satisfaction. Studies have shown that people who set and reach goals perform at higher levels, are more satisfied with themselves, and achieve more. People who set and achieve their goals are are proud of their success and eager to keep aiming for more in life.
Adapted from the topseller, “What Do You Really Want?”