500g chicken breasts, sliced into strips
10 ml (2 tsp) Thai red curry paste
1 tsp Robertsons crushed garlic
1 ml lemon zest
1 ml red onion, thinly sliced
2 ml tomatoes, quartered
125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh mint, chopped
70 ml fresh coriander, chopped
400g mixed salad leaves
1. In a bowl, mix the chicken strips, curry paste, garlic and lemon zest. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Heat sunflower oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken in batches until tender and lightly browned.
3. Return the chicken to the pan and add the onion. Fry for a further one minute before adding the tomato, mint and coriander. Stir until just heated through.
4. In a large bowl, toss the chicken together with the salad leaves and stir.
5. Serve in hot soup bowls, with a drizzle of low fat yoghurt, mixed with traditional Madras curry powder, and a little maple syrup or honey (optional). Sprinkle with chopped fresh chives if desired.